Wednesday, September 13, 2006

First steps...

I am not a blogger. I do write occasionally, but my thoughts are not for public perusal. Hence this blog is just an outlet for things I wish to share and more importantly my comments on the things I see around me. You will also see quite a lot of pictures on this blog. Well I would like to think of myself as an amateur photographer but the truth is I now own my first digital camera and there is something about being able to take millions of snaps that you can see and edit immediately and not having to pay for film, developing or printing, that can drive one quite crazy.


IIM Indore is situated on a hill. More like the entire hill is ours. This pic was taken during one of our walks down the winding road that leads to the main gate. The sheds and buildings in the distance are our neighbours, alongwith the farms and the trucks on the highway that ply day and night. But life inside the campus is a whole new world. But I will chronicle that some other time.





My first macro shot! This tiny flower is barely the size of a thumbnail.
























The most photographed tree on campus, it stands at the junction where the road leading up the hill bifurcates. To the left is the academic block and to the right are the hostels.





A grasshopper sitting on my door :)




























The library building as seen from the entrance of my hostel. The little triangular structure on the roof is a sky-light.

The best time to see the campus is either sunrise or sunset. As you walk along the curved roads, each turn is simply breath taking. The way the sun lights up the sky in several hues, the clouds, the birds.. I could go on and on.

Until my next post... Ciao!

6 comments:

Mrunalini said...

Good start..
I dont think u r an amateur photographer after that pic u took of mine :D
Keep it going :)

Anonymous said...

nice

deepti said...

really nice... and the pics are great... esp the library :)
goob job! :)

Vimal said...

Awesome pics - really awesome.
And u could concentrate on developing a photo blog :)

Anonymous said...

beauty! really good ones!! liked the most ohotgraphed tree one!! and the library one

Anonymous said...

more pics please.. and yeah some thoughts to go along with them would be nice as well :)